Thursday, June 14, 2012

Leg Workout ( at home version)


Hello! If you are here, chances are  you are a at-home fitness freak! It's okay, so am I! I love working out in the comforts of my own home. I'm secure there, I can throw on anything, my hair can be messy, and my face can be crusty! Who will care? No one that's who! You know why? Cause- you're all alone! So scream and grunt if you want to no one can hear you. ha!  At home fitness is for the strong willed, you really have to be a self motivated and determined person to keep at it! So my hat's off to you all who are fit and have done it at home.

 This leg work is designed by yours truly! I've done it  on the days that I couldn't make it to the gym ( I prefer doing leg work at the gym cause of the nifty machines) and it gets the job done! After you're through your legs should feel like linguine! If you are interested in a really amazing DVD that targets the lower region of your body please take my advice and purchase Brazil Butt Lift! You can get that *Here* 
This workout will be a part of my four week challenge so get acquainted with it. ;)

*If you have knee issues, or lower back issues PLEASE consult your doctor before you start this workout or any other workout on my blog*

If you don't have equipment I strongly suggest you start building up your home gym.  If you don't have any dumb bells  you can click here to purchase some beginners weights,  and they come with a handy rack for storage.  Resistance bands are a must have for at home gyms, and this workout! So if you need them hurry and get them, cause when we start the four week challenge in July, I'll need you to be able to fully participate.  Click here to purchase some resistance bands. Beachbody  has some that's under 10 bucks.  *win*

Please watch this video on proper squat and lunge techniques


Here's the workout:

warmup: 50 Jumping Jacks

  • Goblet Squats  5 sets for 12 reps
  • Split Squats with or without weight   3 sets for 10 reps
  • Standing Calf Raises 3 sets for 20 reps
  • Back Extensions 3 sets for 15 reps
  • Walking Lunges 2 sets for 20 reps
  • Leg Curls with (resistance bands) if no equipment do donkey kicks instead 3sets of 15
  • Sitting Calf Raises 3 sets for 20 reps
  • Hip Abductors 3 sets 20 reps each side
  • Sumo Squats 3 sets 20 reps

How to perform these exercises:

Goblet Squat
SplitSquat                                                                                                                                                                      

Standing Calf Raises


Back Extensions                                                                     


Walking Lunges

Leg Extensions


Seated Calf Press

Hip Abductors

Sumo Squats

No comments:

Post a Comment