Saturday, January 28, 2012

The HIIT and Run.

 Fit Squad, I think I may have created my best HIIT routine yet! My husband and I took it for a test drive on Friday, when we got through with it my husband called me an evil genius!  He burned 480 calories in 20 minutes! Our shirt's, you guys, OH EM GEE, our shirts were drenched!  He said that this was by far one of the most challenging HIIT sessions he has ever done. Fit Squad, when a Marine tells me that, I know I've done something awesome!   He also told me that he is pretty sure that In a past life, I was a medieval torturer. * Teehee*  I do bring the pain, but it's that good kinda pain, right?! *wink*  

This routine is plyomectrics, so you will need some good sneakers. You will have to be nice and warm and stretched before doing it.  This routine can be modified depending on your level of fitness.  The Intervals I recommend for the more advanced are 60 seconds of work and 30 seconds of rest.  If you are a beginner do interval's of 30 seconds of work and 15 seconds of rest. If you are intermediate do 45 seconds of rest and 20 seconds of rest. Pick your level honestly!  

Let's get to it! Set your interval timer or Gymboss for 60 seconds of work, and 30 seconds of rest. Set it for 6 rounds. You will be doing each station twice. Once you have completed the entire circuit ( all three stations) rest for 2-3 minutes before starting over again, for the second and final time.   Have a bottle of water nearby so you can sip it during the rest periods.  You'll probably need a towel too, cause there will be sweat!  There will be video's on how to perform each exercise after the breakdown. Enjoy!
Save 30-65% off on name brand nutrition  all at one site delivered to your door.  Shop Now >>
________________________________________________________________________________

Station one
  • Mountain Climber Burpee with a Double Jump  60 seconds
  • * you'll be doing 10 mountain climbers, and then you'll jump twice*
  • Rest for 30 seconds, then repeat.
Station two
  • Double Squat Jump with medicine ball (or without)  60 seconds
  • Rest for 30 seconds, then repeat. 
Station three
  • High knees 60 seconds 
  • Rest for 30 seconds then, repeat.  

*This completes the first circuit. Rest for 2-3 minutes before doing the circuit for the second and final time. *



Mountain Climber Burpee with Double Jump


Double Squat Jump With Medicine Ball (Zuzana inspired)


High Knees

3 comments:

  1. This was great, my legs were fried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing this workout again today, it is a good one. =) I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete
  2. Great workout and I love the title!

    ReplyDelete